PrimaLuna EVO 300 Tube Pre Amplifier
It has been nearly a decade since PrimaLuna has introduced an entirely refreshed product line of valve amplifiers and you will find the new EVO series shares the previous line’s DNA. The new products feature upgraded transformers and internal components, improved aesthetics and an enhanced features set including true-balanced, transformer-coupled XLR inputs and outputs on upper-end models. Just as importantly is what hasn’t changed, including the meticulous hand-assembly, point-to-point wiring, superlative build quality and cutting-edge Adaptive Auto-Bias (TM) circuitry upon which PrimaLuna has built its reputation.
The original PrimaLuna integrated amps, the ProLogue One and Two, have reached cult status and are now a collectible that will no doubt be iconic in the years to come. Some are going so far as to call them "The Marantz 8B of our time". The multi-award winning ProLogue One was in a recommended system called "Tube Nirvana" by The Absolute Sound's Robert Harley. Stereophile's Art Dudley stated "Lustily, heartily, and enthusiastically...recommended." The ProLogue Two was loved the world over in review after review.
- PrimaLuna Valve Amplifiers Feature:
- Hand-made construction of a heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish, each coat hand-rubbed and polished, holding the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is normally only available at the highest price.
- Elegant style, heavy-metal remote controls for all EVO Tube Preamplifiers.
- Premium parts that include separate toroidal and EI transformers for left and right channel power supply; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; motorized ALPS volume control; Nichicon and DuRoch capacitors; 5AR4 tube-rectifier-circuitry; gold-plated panel mounted RCA and XLR input and output jacks.
- A 100% shielded Phono chassis for mounting our optional MM PhonoLogue circuit.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- All PrimaLuna power transformers include the PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the preamp will repower and function properly.
- LIVE side of the AC input connector indicated by aluminium color screw.
- A minimum of 4 line-level inputs (RCA or XLR), depending on the model you own.
- 1 pair of RCA Tape Out, 2 pairs pre-out (RCA or XLR), depending on the model you own.
EVO 300 Tube Preamplifier
|Output||2V / CH|
18 Hz – 38 kHz +/- 1 dB12 Hz – 75 kHz +/- 3 dB
|THD||< 0.5% @ 2V|
|S/N Ratio||93 dB (98 dB A weighted)|
|Input Impedance||220 kOhm|
|Input Sensitivity||650 mV (for rated output at maximum volume setting)|
|Power Consumption||61 Watts|
Net weight: 52.8 lbs / 24 kgShipping Weight: 63.8 lbs / 29 kg
15.9" x 15.2" x 8.1" / 405 mm x 385 mm x 205 mm (L x W x H)
|Shipping Dimensions||22.7" x 18.4" x 12.4" / 577 mm x 468 mm x 315 mm (L x W x H)|
|Inputs||5 pairs Stereo RCA, 1 pair Home Theater Input|
|Outputs||1 pair RCA Tape, 2 pairs Stereo RCA|
|Tube Complement||2 x 5AR4, 6 x 12AU7|
|Output Impedance||256 Ohm|