PrimaLuna EVO 200 Tube Integrated Amplifier (EL34)
It has been nearly a decade since PrimaLuna has introduced an entirely refreshed product line of valve amplifiers and you will find the new EVO series shares the previous line’s DNA. The new products feature upgraded transformers and internal components, improved aesthetics and an enhanced features set including true-balanced, transformer-coupled XLR inputs and outputs on upper-end models. Just as importantly is what hasn’t changed, including the meticulous hand-assembly, point-to-point wiring, superlative build quality and cutting-edge Adaptive Auto-Bias (TM) circuitry upon which PrimaLuna has built its reputation.
The original PrimaLuna integrated amps, the ProLogue One and Two, have reached cult status and are now a collectible that will no doubt be iconic in the years to come. Some are going so far as to call them "The Marantz 8B of our time". The multi-award winning ProLogue One was in a recommended system called "Tube Nirvana" by The Absolute Sound's Robert Harley. Stereophile's Art Dudley stated "Lustily, heartily, and enthusiastically...recommended." The ProLogue Two was loved the world over in review after review.
PrimaLuna EVO Tube Integrated amplifiers feature:
- Hand-made construction of a heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish, each coat hand-rubbed and polished, holding the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is normally only available at the highest price.
- Elegant style, heavy-metal remote controls.
- Premium parts that include toroidal and EI transformers for power supply; custom designed -in conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA- encapsulated output transformers for lowest hum; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; ALPS volume control; Nichicon and DuRoch capacitors; superfast Philips-rectifier-circuitry; gold-plated heavy-duty WBT style speaker terminals (all speaker connectors are solid shaft for better conductance, better sound, and higher reliability); gold-plated panel mounted RCA input jacks.
- Each EVO Tube Integrated Amplifier is as well a high-quality EVO Tube Headphone Amplifier!
- A 100% shielded Phono chassis for mounting our optional MM PhonoLogue circuit.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- The newest generation Adaptive Auto Bias™ exclusive to PrimaLuna. This circuit monitors and smoothly adjusts bias constantly and instantly, reducing maintenance and increasing performance due to the dramatic reduction in distortion. It comes with a new extensive output stage protection circuitry with +B relay to protect output transformers, resistors and high voltage power supply in case a tube fails.
- The EVO Tube Integrated Amplifiers come with a High/Low bias switch. This means that with the flip of a switch you can choose for the optimum bias setting for EL34 type of tubes or KT88 type of tubes. No hassle with screwdrivers, no messing around with meters etc. Just switch tubes, switch bias!
- All PrimaLuna power transformers include the PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the amp will repower and function properly.
- LIVE side of the AC input connector indicated by aluminium color screw.
EVO 200 Tube Intergrated Amplifier
|Power UL||44 / 45 Watts per channel|
10 Hz – 65 kHz +/- 1 dB9 Hz – 95 kHz +/- 3 dB
|THD with AABB||< 0.2% @ 1W; less than 2% at rated power|
|S/N Ratio||86 dB / 87 dB – 95 / 96 dB A Weighted|
|Input Impedance||100 kOhm|
|Input Sensitivity||275 / 285 mV (for rated power at maximum volume setting)|
|Maximum Gain||35 dB / 35.2 dB|
|Power Consumption||280 Watts / 290 Watts|
Net weight: 52.8 lbs / 24 kg
Shipping Weight: 61.6 lbs / 28 kg
|Dimensions||15.9" x 14.4" x 8.1" / 405 mm x 365 mm x 205 mm (L x W x H)|
|Shipping Dimensions||22.7" x 18.4" x 12.4" / 577 mm x 468 mm x 315 mm (L x W x H)|
|Inputs||4 pairs Stereo RCA, 1 pair Home Theater Input|
|Outputs||4 & 8 Ohm Speaker Taps, Tape, Headphone|
4 x EL34, 4 x 12AU7
|Damping Coefficient||4 KD (1 kHz)|