Ortofon MC Diamond Moving Coil Cartridge
Ortofon MC Diamond Moving Coil Cartridge
- AFTER PAY
- ZIP PAY
- LAY BUY
- 405 Brunswick St Fitzroy
- Full Aussie Manufact. Warranty
- Free Shipping over $500
Ortofon MC Diamond
This state-of-the-art product, representative of numerous Ortofon design elements and ideas, is truly exemplary of the highest degree of performance possible in contemporary analogue playback technology.
Featuring a titanium body, optimised magnet system, diamond cantilever, and a new rubber suspension, the MC Diamond provides an entirely new level of experience for audiophiles. “This is recorded music like you’ve never heard it before. The most authentic vinyl experience in the world,” - Leif Johannsen, Ortofon’s Chief Officer of Acoustics and Research.
The housing of the MC Diamond is made using Ortofon’s pioneering SLM technique. In production, fine particles of Titanium are welded together, layer-by-layer, to construct a single piece body devoid of unnecessary material. Using this technique, the density of the body can be precisely controlled, allowing for extremely high internal damping. The final result provides absolute freedom from resonance, allowing the MC Diamond to perfectly suit a wide array of high-end tonearms.
The finest technologies and material choices
Like previous Ortofon flagships, the MC Diamond makes use of the company’s best stylus profile. The specially polished Ortofon Replicant 100 diamond stylus profile boasts a thin and light shape, with an impressively long vertical contact surface making it as close as possible to an original record cutting stylus as possible. However, thanks to the technical advances made in developing the range of Ortofon flagship MC cartridges, the MC Diamond sees the stylus mounted onto a diamond cantilever; a feature that redefines the boundaries of analogue reproduction, presenting greater inner detail, subtlety, and depth like never before.
For the new MC Diamond cartridge, the Ortofon Wide Range Damping System (WRD) has been re-engineered to include an enhanced rubber suspension, specially developed in-house to ensure exceptional tracking and virtually eliminates distortion and resonance.
This feature allows for optimal interaction between compliance and damping, improved stability and playback, and unparalleled sound quality. Created using a new rubber compound that utilises Multi Wall Carbon Nanotube technology (MWCNT), this new rubber suspension provides improved damping and enhances the overall performance of the MC Diamond cartridge. This Wide Range Damping (WRD) system offers more consistent movement with zero unwanted resonance, and thereby better stereo perspective and transient delineation.
The very best of the best
The bottom section of the cartridge has been constructed from a special proprietary Thermo-Plastic Elastomer (TPE) material, which provides additional damping properties.
The MC Diamond focuses on providing music in its entirety without compromise, offering an ideal balance of precision and musicality with fine attention to both micro and macro dynamics combined with fluid tonality and texture. It is also made to be relatively easy to partner with a wide-range of tonearms and turntables.
With an output impedance of 6Ω and a low-to-medium output voltage of 0.2mV, the MC Diamond is easy to partner with most phono pre-amps and step-up transformers – including Ortofon’s own ST-80 SE model. It’s also an ideal match for high-mass, high-precision tonearms with gimbal bearing systems.
NB: Head-Shell shown for illustration purposes only and not included with cartridge
- Flagship Exclusive Series cartridge
- Diamond cantilever technology taken from limited-edition MC Century cartridge
- Stunning sound, representing the pinnacle of Ortofon's ability
- Suited to high-mass, high-precision tonearms
- Titanium SLM body construction
- WRD technology for improved performance
- Flagship Replicant 100 diamond stylus profile
- Finest components and materials used throughout
- Presented in a stunning gift box
- Output voltage at 1 kHz, 5cm/sec. - 0.2 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 0.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 20 dB
- Frequency response - 20 Hz-20 kHz +/- 2 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 11 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Special polished Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 on Diamond Cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 5/100 µm
- Tracking force range - 2.5-2.8 g (25-28 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 2.6 g (26 mN)
- Tracking angle - 23°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 6 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - > 10 Ohm
Coil wire material - Ultra pure oxygen free copper
Cartridge body material - SLM Titanium
Cartridge colour - Silver/Black
Cartridge weight - 17.5 g
*Reprint from Manufacturers website