The music hall mmf-7.3 turntable is a 2-speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique dual-plinth construction originated by music hall.
The distinctive design of the mmf-7.3 isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the adjustable tip-toe feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. The motor speed controls, and wiring are isolated on their own platform and completely decoupled from the turntable.
A Complete Package
Sorbothane hemispheres separate the two platforms and provide additional suspension and vibration damping. The mmf-7.3 comes in a high-gloss piano black lacquer finish and is available with the Ortofon 2m Bronze cartridge.
The mmf-7.3 has 2-speed control for 33 and 45 rpm.
Ortofon 2M Bronze
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
The 2M Bronze features a nude Fine Line diamond stylus, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Bronze is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
Ortofon has optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
• Music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
• One-piece full carbon fibre tonearm
• Counterweight’s centre of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
• Completely isolated/decoupled dc motor with 33 and 45 rpm speed controls located in the front left corner of the turntable, thus cancelling any potential vibration from the motor/belt to the cartridge
• Motor sits on its own resonance-damping puck
• Ortofon 2m bronze cartridge with a nude fine line stylus
• The supplied cartridge is properly aligned and mounted
• Precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in teflon® for noise-free, fluid operation
• Non-resonant acrylic platter with metal screw-on record clamp and soft felt mat
• High-quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
• Adjustable tip-toe feet with anti scratch cups
• Low-noise, fully-manual belt drive design
• Built-in round spirit level for proper levelling
• Dust cover and 45rpm adaptor included
• Excellent instruction manual and easy assembly