Marantz AV8805A Surround Sound Processor
Marantz AV8805A Surround Sound Processor
- AFTER PAY
- ZIP PAY
- LAY BUY
- 405 Brunswick St Fitzroy
- Full Aussie Manufact. Warranty
- Free Shipping over $500
Marantz AV8805A Surround Sound Processor
Honestly, it might just be easier for us to list what the Marantz AV8805 can't do than what it can. That's because this highly accomplished preamp/processor gives you all the connectivity, capabilities, and legendary Marantz performance you'll need to make it the hub of a reference-quality home theatre sound system.
What makes the AV8805 so special? It starts with all of the flexibility and features of Marantz's capable AV8802 pre/pro, including Dolby Atmos® surround decoding, plus it adds enough high-performance goodies to make an audiophile drool.
Upgrades For Discerning Ears: The AV8805's long list of upgrades includes a massive toroidal transformer with oxygen-free copper windings encased in an aluminium housing for superior current delivery and low noise.
Large power supply capacitors offer more than double the reserve current capacity of Marantz's AV8802 for increased dynamics. AKM's latest-generation 32-bit DACs are used on all channels to provide exceptional resolution and transparency. The '8805's heavy copper-plated chassis includes a three-piece top-panel plus a double-layer bottom plate to provide a solid, vibration-resistant foundation. And along with its 13.2-channel balanced XLR outputs, this pre/pro even includes a pair of balanced stereo inputs for connecting your favourite high-end audio source. Pair the AV8805 with a solid multichannel power amp (or two), and you'll hear how far the possibilities of home theatre have come.
Dolby Atmos Adds A New Dimension To Sound: Dolby's latest surround sound technology brings a new level of immersion to your home theatre. By employing in-ceiling speakers or special Dolby-enabled upward-firing speakers that reflect sound off your ceiling, Dolby Atmos offers a greater sense of space, for sound that's more three-dimensional. Already at work in film production studios and many movie theatres, Dolby Atmos represents a huge step in putting more "theatre" into your home theatre.
The AV8805 offers multiple setup options for Dolby Atmos. For instance, you can add four overhead or up-firing speakers to a conventional seven-channel system — this is referred to as a 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup and is the recommended standard for the best experience. Here's a breakdown of all the Dolby Atmos speaker configurations this pre/pro supports:
- 7.1.4 - seven conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and four overhead or height speakers (recommended)
- 9.1.2 - nine conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
- 7.1.2 - seven conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
- 5.1.4 - five conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and four overhead or height speakers
- 5.1.2 - five conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
You can use as many as four subwoofers with any of these configurations.
Smartphones, Tablets, Computers & Online Music Services All Play Here: If much of your music listening takes place in the digital domain, you'll be impressed with the AV8805's many digital music features. Built-in Wi-Fi makes it easy to connect to your home network. From there, you can play music wirelessly from networked computers and NAS drives. Apple users can stream tunes from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a computer running iTunes with AirPlay. Or, connect your iPod or iPhone to the front-panel USB port and control it with the included remote.
Android users will appreciate Bluetooth connectivity, for wirelessly streaming audio from any app on your device. Spotify® subscribers can listen to their favourite playlists or stations. Plus, there's built-in support for Pandora and hundreds of free online radio streams. Into high-resolution music? The AV8805 can play files with sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz, as well as DSD files.
Branch Out To Three Rooms: The AV8805 has the processing to play different music in as many as three rooms simultaneously. Want to add video to another room? The Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to watch different video content at the same time in each zone. There's also a third HDMI output for connecting both a projector and a TV in your main zone.
HDMI Upgraded For 4K Broadcast Compatibility: The AV8805 not only delivers 4K picture quality but is also now HDCP 2.2-compliant right out of the box. That means it can pass through video from copy-protected 4K sources. So, the sooner the major studios start releasing 4K discs the sooner we can all start watching true 4K content on our 4K projectors and televisions. Existing AV8805's can be upgraded to AV8805 status which upgrades to the unit to HDCP2.2 on all HDMI inputs except the one on the front panel. The unit must be returned to the Australian Marantz distributor either direct or via Audio Trends.
Setup Help & Audyssey "Platinum": A feature-packed component like the AV8805 is only as good as your ability to set it up and control it. Marantz's setup assistant guides you through all your connections and settings right out of the box. Just connect your TV with an HDMI cable and you'll be ready to get started. Audyssey's Platinum suite of speaker calibration offers some cool features, including independent calibration for dual subwoofers.
Smartphone & Tablet Control: When your system is ready to roll, download the free Marantz Remote app for your Apple or Android device. It's an easy way to control this preamp/processor over Wi-Fi, giving you an intuitive touchscreen interface to change sources, play digital music, and operate key features.
Main Features & Specifications
- Dolby and DTS surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos Processing: This is for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound; compatible with 7, 9 or 11-channel setups
- Auro-3D Ready Decoder: Create three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes and a 10.1-channel speaker configuration (requires firmware upgrade (Call for pricing) for activation
- Video Upconversion (up to 4K): For analogue and HDMI sources
- Audyssey "Platinum" speaker calibration and system optimisation includes:
- MultEQ XT32 advanced auto setup and room calibration uses high-resolution digital processing filters to deliver balanced, dynamic sound to as many as 8 listening positions (expandable to 32 with a professional installer)
- DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion) optimises "front height" or "front width" speakers to create a larger soundstage with more engaging surround effects
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
Digital Music Options
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services◦includes support for Pandora and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect: This lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay: Stream music from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or computer running iTunes
- Built-in Bluetooth: Enjoy wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Front-Panel USB Input: Connect an iPod, iPhone or thumb drive
- Direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Hi-Res Music: Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA Certified: For streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- HEOS Multi-room: play all your music throughout the whole house and control it all effortlessly with the free HEOS app
- M-DAX: Includes (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- Multi-room Audio: Three-room/three-source output
- Line-Level (RCA) Outputs: For Zones 2 and 3
- Zone 2 HDMI Output: Watch video content from different sources in two rooms simultaneously
- Component and composite video outputs can be assigned to Zone 2
- XLR Outputs: 13.2-channel balanced XLR outputs
- RCA Outputs: 13.2-channel unbalanced RCA outputs
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 8 inputs (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 outputs
- Component Video Switching: 3 inputs, 2 outputs
- Composite video Switching: 4 inputs, 2 outputs (includes front-panel input)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- Analogue Stereo Audio Inputs: 6 (including front-panel input)
- Balanced XLR audio inputs: 1 pair
- Phono Input: Yes, for connecting a turntable
- 7.1 Channel Preamp Inputs: Yes
- Ethernet Port: Recommended for wired network connection
- RS-232C, IR, remote, and 12-volt trigger connections for use with external controllers
- Headphone Jack: On front panel
- Power Cord: Detachable type allows for easy upgrade - a must on a product of this calibre
Audio Performance Features
- Power Transformer: Massive low-noise toroidal power transformer derived from Marantz Reference Series components
- DACs: Premium grade AKM AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels
- Diodes: Fast-response, high-current Shottky barrier diodes in power supply deliver faster switching and lower voltage drop for purer DC output
- Current Feedback: Fully discrete current-feedback HDAM-SA2 modules
- Chassis: Heavy copper-plated chassis with three-piece top cover and double-layer bottom plate provide superior structural strength and isolation from vibration and interference
- Feet: High-density anti-vibration feet with felt insulators
General AV8805 Features
- Video Pass Through: 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- Fully HDCP 2.2 Compliant. Ready to play back copy protected 4K content
- Free Marantz Remote app: This lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant: Guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- OSD: Intuitive, full-colour on-screen guide
- Video Select: Lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through: Allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM Tuner: Built-In
- Remote Control: System remote included
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 185 x 389mm
- Weight: 13.6kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 3 years