Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 Wireless Music System
Minx Air 100 WiFi speakers
Fill your life with music, wherever you are, whatever you're doing.
Minx Air is a revolutionary wireless system that plays all your music, wherever it is ‰ÛÒ smartphone, tablet or on your computer.
Minx Air combines Cambridge Audio's vast experience in electronics and speaker engineering with the latest wireless streaming technology. That means your smartphone can stay in your pocket, or you can keep using your tablet while your favourite songs fill the room.
Works with your phone, tablet or computer‰Û_
Minx Air isn't tied to a particular brand or type of device. It proudly features Apple's AirPlay wi-fi streaming, but unlike most AirPlay products, Minx Air also offers Bluetooth, a fantastic technology built into just about every modern smartphone, tablet or computer. That means whatever device you‰۪re using, you can enjoy your music wirelessly in really high quality.
True Cambridge Audio sound, just smaller‰Û_
You might expect your compact music system to fill your kitchen or bedroom with ease but Minx Air can power the largest living rooms too. Patented speaker technologies are combined with powerful digital amplifiers and processing to offer performance like no other wireless system.
Developed by a team of music-loving engineers at our London design centre, Minx Air really likes to party! Crank up the volume and the power keeps on coming, and coming.
We know you love radio and you can enjoy stations from all over the world in crisp, digital quality with Minx Air‰۪s internet radio. And because it‰۪s built-in, you can enjoy your favourite stations instantly with just a simple press of a preset button. More advanced functions are available from our free Minx Air app ‰ÛÒ available for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
Created to fit into your home rather than take-over, Minx Air‰۪s elegant, one-piece cabinet looks just as good as it sounds. We paid special attention to its rigidity so even at really high volumes, you get no rattle or vibration. The carrying handle stealthily acts as a bass port to improve deeper notes.
Minx Air Technology
Instantly connect any phone, tablet or computer
- AirPlay ‰ÛÒ Apple's wi-fi streaming technology means you can seamlessly play high-quality audio from your iPhone, iPad or iTunes.
- Bluetooth ‰ÛÒ Stereo Bluetooth is found in almost every smartphone, tablet and computer ‰ÛÒ so as long as your device is within range ‰ÛÒ up-to 10m - wireless high-quality audio streaming is easy. As well as the Standard Bluetooth Codec (SBC), Minx Air supports two higher quality systems which means you can get the best possible results from your Bluetooth device.
- Minx Air's inbuilt apt-X support squeezes the absolute maximum digital detail out of Bluetooth wireless streaming audio, if your device supports it, for CD-quality playback of high-bitrate digital audio files.
- Minx Air‰۪s Bluetooth function also supports AAC audio files for enhanced quality transmission. AAC is a widely used digital file format and is the default or standard audio format for YouTube, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Nintendo DSi, iTunes. It‰۪s supported by many manufacturers and devices including Apple, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, BlackBerry, as well as several Android device manufacturers
A wealth of audio technologies ‰ÛÒ
- Powerful digital amplifiers deliver enormous power from small, efficient designs
- Digital signal processing using advanced technology developed for music and movie production allows us to get the biggest sound possible from Minx Air‰۪s compact enclosure. The results are truly amazing and you‰۪ll experience sound that‰۪s louder, crisper and fuller than other portable systems
- On board Digital to Analogue converters squeeze maximum detail from digital files before carefully processing them into the sounds you hear
- Patented BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) speaker drivers deliver a wider, more room-filling sound than similarly-sized traditional speakers. Regular speakers ‰ÛÒ like you‰۪ll find in other portable systems ‰ÛÒ move in and out to create sound. Our BMR speakers also create sound using horizontal vibration modes for a much wider sound which is hugely beneficial when speakers are located so closely together.
- Acoustically damped construction ‰ÛÒ Minx Air‰۪s subtle design conceals a host of neat features to maximise the quality of your music. Beneath the scratch resistant high gloss lacquer, Minx Air‰۪s acoustically damped cabinet is designed to eliminate vibration and distortion ‰ÛÒ even at high volumes. Look closely and you‰۪ll see that we‰۪ve also it incorporated a bass port within the carry handle.
- Streaming music apps and services ‰ÛÒ Bring Minx Air's stunning, superior audio quality to your favourite music apps and streaming services via your smartphone, tablet or computer. Listen to popular services including Last.fm, Spotify or BBC iPlayer Radio.
Internet radio ‰ÛÒ Enjoy all your favourite stations at the touch of a button in crisp, digital quality. Use the 5 presets on Minx Air to access your favourites without the need for your phone or tablet.
You can also discover new stations from around the world in seconds. Just tap our free Minx Air app on your phone or tablet, search by genre or location and you're connected - Apple and Android versions available. 10 presets are available on your app and these are automatically copied across to Minx Air apps on your other phones or tablets.
- Wired connections ‰ÛÒ RCA analogue stereo in means you can also plug your TV, Blu-ray player or other home entertainment devices easily in to Minx Air to experience its superb sound quality.
- Gaming ‰ÛÒ if you play games on your laptop, phone or tablet, you‰۪ll know how lousy the sound can be. But now you can send the audio over to Minx Air and hear all the bangs, crashes and effects in the most amazing detail
How does BMR speaker technology work?
Setting-up Minx Air is a breeze
We‰۪ve produced a range of simple Setup Guides to get you started without headaches, along with a range of short videos to demystify the process.
You can connect the Minx Air to your wireless network in a few simple steps, which will allow you to stream music via AirPlay and enjoy internet radio from around the world. If you don't have wi-fi, there is an Ethernet socket for a wired connection to your home network.
Bluetooth is extremely easy too, just enable Bluetooth on your device and ‰Û÷pair‰۪ it with your Minx Air. Once paired, music will play through the Minx Air.
To get you started we‰۪ve stored 10 of our favourite internet radio stations in your presets. These can easily be selected and changed using the Minx Air App, which also allows volume, bass and EQ control.
- Apple AirPlay technology
- Bluetooth technology (aptX, AAC and SBC compatible)
- Internet radio
- Aux input (RCA and 3.5mm)
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- High quality class-D amplifier
- Remote control
- Adjustable bass control
Drive units: 2 x 100mm (4‰۪‰۪) Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) drivers Amplifier power output: 100W Input voltage: 100V ‰ÛÒ 240V (50/60Hz) Standby power consumption: Auto Power Down (APD): Adjustable from 23hrs 45minutes to 15 minutes, or OFF Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi encryption: WEP, WPA, WPA2 Ethernet: IEEE 802.3, 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T Dimensions (W x H x D): 354 x 182 x 118mm (13.9‰۪‰۪ x 7.2‰۪‰۪ x 4.6‰۪‰۪) Weight: 4.1Kg (9.0lbs) AirPlay compatibility: AirPlay works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later, Mac with OS X Mountain Lion, and Mac and PC with iTunes 10.2.2 or later.
- *reprint form manufacturers website