Ruark Audio R7 High Fidelity Radiogram
Ruark Audio R7 features
To create R7's wonderful sound we've used the skills from our long audio heritage. As an example, the fine furniture grade cabinet has been carefully tuned and optimised to provide a solid low colouration housing for our drive units and electronics.
At its centre and crafted from aluminium and glass, is the heart of R7. With DAB/DAB+/FM and internet tuners, R7 is capable of receiving radio stations globally. Our slick slot loading CD, plays both standard and MP3 disks and for customers wishing to stream music, R7 also features Bluetooth and DLNA Wi-Fi.
For such a beautiful piece of equipment we felt it was important to provide a readout display of equal quality. Cool and stylish, our ultra black high contrast fluorescent display makes reading source information clearly legible, even from afar.
R7 features our new 'radio link' RotoDial remote control which allows all sources and functions to be accessed with ease. With RF communication, this new remote does not need to be aimed during operation and so can operate R7 whilst sited on a table or even from an adjoining room. Also for convenience we've provided discrete buttons on the front panel of R7, so if the remote is not to hand, then R7 can still be operated and controlled.
R7 can easily become the sound source for all your audiovisual needs. With switchable analogue and digital inputs, devices such as a TV, DVD player or games console can be easily connected, for a sound that will make your viewing and gaming all the more realistic and enjoyable. Also coming later this year is a swivel TV mount and adjustable shelf system, which attaches securely to the fixing points on the rear of R7. Full details about this stylish addition to R7 will be featured on our website soon.
On the rear panel we've included a USB charge port which will charge your Smartphone or Tablet whether R7 is in active or standby mode. This feature is particularly useful to maintain the charge of such devices when streaming to R7 as battery life can quickly deplete when using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi over extended periods.
R7 features aptX audio coding technology that partners with Bluetooth so compatible devices can stream to R7 with audio quality virtually indistinguishable from a wired connection. An increasing number of computers and handheld devices are now loaded with aptX as standard, but with or without, sound quality over Bluetooth with R7 is impressive.
With our hi-fidelity heritage we understand how vital amplifier and loudspeaker design is, when it comes to attaining the best sound quality. Painstakingly developed, R7 features a high capacity power supply coupled to linear Class A-B discrete component amplifiers. With a combined nominal power rating of 160 watts, R7 is a powerful device and sound is reproduced with effortless ease.
For optimal stereo performance we've developed new dual concentric drivers for R7. These provide a realistic soundstage and allow a wide and smooth frequency response. Enhancing further the performance of R7 is an integrated active subwoofer. Whichever your choice of music, you'll be amazed at R7's bass performance that underpins and adds enjoyment to every piece of music played.
- DAB, DAB+ and FM Tuner with RDS
- Ultra black, high contrast fluorescent display
- Dual aerial inputs allow for separate DAB and FM aerial feeds
- Comprehensive Internet Radio functionality
- Slot loading CD player plays CD-Audio and MP3 music disks
- Full Wi-Fi capability allows wireless networking and music streaming
- Bluetooth with aptX allows CD quality direct streaming with compatible devices
- Charge-port for charging smartphones and tablet computers
- 2 5.5" dual concentric stereo drivers
- 1 8" long throw subwoofer driver
- 160 watts nominal power output
- Switchable digital and analogue auxiliary inputs.
- Adjustable treble and bass settings
- Enhanced 3D sound processing
- Stereo headphone output
- Dimensions (without legs):
H175 W1000 _ÊD400mm
- Dimensions (on legs):
H650 W1000 _ÊD400mm
- Weight: 30kg
- Supplied with spindle legs for free standing mode or puck feet for mounting R7 on existing sideboard or AV cabinet
- Optional TV mount (available 2014)
- Rich walnut veneer cabinet and black lacquer legs
- Designed, developed and engineered in Britain