ProJect Xtension 9 Evolution Turntable: Mahogany
Project Xtension 9 Evolution offers superlative vinyl performance from a compact luxurious turntable/arm configuration!
Xtension 9 Evolution incorporates all our turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we've found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class highend tonearm „9cc Evolution“ and comes complete with a beautiful dustcover.
2 different high gloss lacquer finish options are available: piano black and mahogany.
Xtension 9 Evolution features
• Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
• Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
• Precision balanced sandwich-platter
• Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
• Heavy weight record clamp
• MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of
resonance and high mass
• Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
• Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
• Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
* Reprint from Manufacturer's website.
ProJect Audio Systems $998.00 $1,999.00
ProJect Audio Systems $998.00 $1,199.00