Project Head Box S2 Digital Headphone Amplifier
Head Box S2 Digital - High performance DAC and headphone amplifier
Head Box S2 Digital comes fully equipped for the highest demands of the modern audiophile. It supports playback for PCM files up to 32bit / 768kHz and DSD decoding up to quad DSD (DSD256). Head Box S2 Digital also comes with five digital filters for sound-shaping to the listeners preferences. Three digital inputs ensure to connect to any source available, be it a personal computer via the USB B input or a TV set via the optical input. The co-axial S/PDIF input takes all data from a digital transport such as the CD Box DS2 T. All inputs offer support for high resolution data up to 24bit /192kHz. The USB input offers full high resolution support for all files up to PCM 32/768 and DSD256. The front seated 6.35mm headphone output delivers a clean and precise sound with a musical touch. Un-wanted noise coming in through USB is double filtered to suppress them to a level where it can’t affect audio to realise an undisturbed listening experience. The new aluminium/metal casing ensures highest aesthetics and protects against vibration and interference! Head Box S2 Digital comes in silver or black.
- High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 DAC
- Proprietary clock circuity design
- Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
- 32bit / 768kHz decoding
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- Synchronisation of all internal oscillators
- Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds!
- Gold plated four layer PCB
- Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black