Project 6Perspex Turntable (Last One)
Project 6Perspex is the ultimate sub-chassis turntable for the 21st century
The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three individually height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones and carries the motor and the sub-chassis. The sub-chassis, made of Corian, rests on tree magnetic fields. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment of the sub-chassis. A quiet running AC motor drives the platter's outside edge via a belt. The motor unit incorporates an advanced motor control, that ensures perfect speed stability and electronic speed change.
The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter and a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp. It runs on an inverted bearing with stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball/plate bearing. The headshell and armtube of high-end tonearm 9cc Evolution are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre. A conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections. Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC 7 spec ballraces. Supplied counterweights are suitable for cartridges weighing between 5 - 7,5g / 7 - 10g / 9 - 11g or 10 - 14g.
A top-grade connection cable `Pro-Ject Connect it Phono RCA-CC' with RCA connectors is supplied (123cm).
• Acrylic Plinth
• Sub-chassis made from Corian with magnetic suspension
• Acoustically inert sandwich construction of platter with combination of MDF and vinyl layer as mat
• Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
• Belt drive with AC motor with DC driven AC generator
• Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
• Pre-mounted 9" tonearm 9 cc Evolution
• Tonearm bearings with ABEC 7 ballraces
• 5P Connect it Phono CC cable with RCA plugs
* Reprint from Manufacturer's website.