Emotiva TA-100 Integrated Amp/ DAC / Phono/ Tuner
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The Emotiva BASX TA I00 combines the features and capabilities of a high end quality stereo pre amplifier, a high performance FM tuner and a high quality power amplifier all in one convenient package.The TA I00 is built to deliver with a large high current, low noise toroidal transformer which provides the horsepower to bring the dynamics of the music to life.The BASX TA I00 offers the type of performance you might expect to find on expensive components costing many times it's modest price.
Emotiva is an American brand of electronics and speakers who had one goal when they started......to offer exceptionally designed, high performance products that more people could afford and enjoy.Founded by Dan Laufman, who got his start in the 1970's designing and manufacturing car amplifiers for the iconic Infinity brand and went on to produce OEM audio products for many famous hi-fi brands over the next few decades.With this experience he went on to establish Emotiva, whose aim is to provide audiophile quality components based on value and simplicity without any crazy bells and whistles.
BasX Features & Simplicity
Every model in the BasX line offers all the essential features you need. The BasX TA-100 combines the features and capabilities of a high end quality stereo preamplifier, a high-performance FM tuner, and a high-quality power amplifier - all in one convenient package. The preamp section includes line level analog inputs for a CD player or line-level source, a built-in USB DAC with plenty of digital inputs for your computer and other digital stereo sources, a high-quality phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, and provisions for an optional high-quality AptX Bluetooth input module. The tuner offers full digital control, and 50 station presets. The fully complementary, all discrete Class A/B amplifier section delivers plenty of clean power to drive a pair of high-quality stereo speakers to satisfying listening levels; and the TA-100 includes line level outputs for a powered subwoofer, or for connecting an external power amplifier. The TA-100 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the TA-100 simple to configure and operate, and the big, easy to read, VFD display on the TA-100’s front panel shows you exactly what’s going on at all times.
The BasX TA-100 offers the type of performance you might expect to find on expensive components costing many times its modest price. Unlike many other affordable audio components these days, the TA-100 delivers the superb sound and build quality you expect from a true high-end component. It has vanishingly low noise and distortion and features a wide-bandwidth design allowing you get the most out of your HD sources. Don’t be fooled by the conservative power ratings. Unlike the “throw-away” amplifiers you get in many low-powered receivers, the beefy fully complementary, all-discrete power amplifiers in the TA-100 have plenty of power reserves to drive all but the most inefficient speakers. Like all Emotiva amplifiers, they work very well with both 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm speakers.
Even the casing of the TA I00 exudes high quality with a solid steel chassis, solid milled aluminium faceplate and high quality parts and construction.Build quality that beckons back to the old days of hi-fi — the faceplates with etched (not printed) brand logos, machined metal knobs instead of the cheap plastic commonly found today, and well thought-out circuit topologies dropped into cleanly-wired and dressed chassis. Emotiva is a company with its heart in the right place—that is, in delivering an old-school, high-quality audio experience to its customers at a fair price.
- Highly optimized circuit layout – ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
- Sensitive FM tuner – features 50 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
- A full complement of analog inputs – including two line level inputs, and a high quality phono input that supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
- A full complement of digital inputs – including one 24/96k USB input, 24/192 coax and optical S/PDIF inputs, and an optional Bluetooth receiver.
- High performance quality, fully complementary, all discrete Class A/B amplifier – with plenty of power to drive a pair of high quality stereo speakers to satisfying listening levels.
- Precision digital conversion – All digital inputs routed through the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192 DAC.
- Bass and Treble controls – provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
- VFD display - simple and easy to read display with 3 dimmable levels.
- Balance control – our unique balance control simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant.
- Mute control – allows you to mute the audio output on your system, and then return precisely to your previous listening level.
- Intelligent headphone level control – independently remembers the level you set for your headphones and your main outputs.
- Full function remote control – lets you operate all the controls on the TA-100 without getting out of your favorite listening seat.
- Headphone output – independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favorite headphones for personal listening.
- Line level main stereo outputs – so you can use the TA-100 as a tuner/preamp with a separate stereo power amp.
- Subwoofer outputs – besides the main stereo outputs, a separate pair of summed outputs are provided for connecting your favorite subwoofer.
- Heavy duty five-way binding post speaker outputs - accept speaker wires with banana plugs, spade lugs, or bare wires.
- Flexible menu system – makes the BasX TA-100 easy to configure and simple to operate.
- Top quality parts and construction - promise years of reliable service.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes – SMD construction enables us to use short, optimized signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum face plate - provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Universal AC line voltage operation - the BasX TA-100 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure itself to operate with your local line voltage.
- Full three year warranty - ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX tuner/amplifier for years to come.
2 pairs – stereo analog line level inputs (CD, Aux).
1 pair – stereo phono inputs (switchable; moving magnet or moving coil).
1 tuner – FM (with external antenna input; 50 station presets).
1 – digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k.
1 – digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k.
1 – digital USB (DAC input); 24/96k; no drivers required.
1 – Bluetooth receiver (requires optional AptX Bluetooth dongle).
1 pair – main line level output; stereo, unbalanced.
1 pair – speaker outputs; stereo, 5-way binding post.
2 – summed full range outputs (for connecting one or two subwoofers).
1 – stereo headphone output (front panel).
Analog Performance (line level)
Maximum output level: 4 VRMS
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
THD+noise: < 0.0015% (A-weighted).
IMD: < 0.004% (SMPTE).
S/N ratio: > 115 dB.
Crosstalk: < 90 dB.
Analog Performance (to speaker outputs; both channels driven)
50 watts RMS per channel (20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.02%; into 8 Ohms).
90 watts RMS per channel (1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms).
Power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz + 0 dB / - 0.25 dB (at rated power; into 8 Ohms).
Broadband frequency response: 20 Hz to 80 kHz + 0 dB / - 3 dB.
THD+noise: < 0.05% (A-weighted).
S/N ratio: > 100 dB (A-weighted; ref full power).
S/N ratio: > 85 dB (A-weighted; ref 1 watt).
Analog Performance (phono)
Frequency response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
THD+noise: < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted); < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
S/N ratio: > 90 dB (MM); > 68 dB (MC).
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
THD+noise: < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
IMD: < 0.007% (SMPTE).
S/N ratio: > 110 dB.
12 VDC trigger output.
115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Controls and Indicators
Power: rocker switch; rear panel.
Standby: one front panel push button; halo ring changes color to indicate status.
Two front panel pushbuttons: Input Select; menu operation.
One front panel knob: Volume; Tuning; menu operation.
Display: high visibility blue alphanumeric VFD display (dimmable).
Compact full-function infrared remote control.
Menu and Control System
Simplified, highly intuitive menu system.
(includes Setup options, Bass, Treble, and Balance controls).
17” wide x 2 5/8” high x 12.5” deep (without connectors).
21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).
15 lbs (net)
19.5 lbs (boxed)
* Reprint from manufacturer's website