Overview of the Emotiva Stealth SP-1: Turn your DC-1 into a high performance modular audio system
Increase the Flexibility of Your DAC or Preamp
We would like to introduce you to the Emotiva Stealth SP-1 Input Selector and Phono Preamp. The Stealth SP-1 is designed to work with our Stealth DC-1 DAC, or your current DAC or analog preamp, to expand its flexibility and input capabilities dramatically. When you connect the SP-1 to an available line-level stereo analog input on your preamp or DAC, the SP-1 upgrades that single input to three line level inputs, passively switched by precision control relays, and a phono input, powered by the SP-1‰۪s own internal high performance, low noise precision phono preamp (which supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges).
Expand the Capabilities of Your DAC or Analog Preamp
If you‰۪re running out of analog inputs on your preamp, or the single analog input on your high end DAC isn‰۪t enough, or you need to add a high quality phono input to your system, then the Stealth SP-1 is the ideal solution. Simply connect the Stealth SP-1 to a line level analog input on your preamp or DAC to instantly expand it to three unbalanced line level inputs and one precision moving coil or moving magnet phono input.
Upgrade Your DC-1 Into a Complete Modular Digital and Analog Preamp
The Stealth SP-1 can be used with any analog preamp, or with our Control Freak passive level control, but it was specifically designed to complement our Stealth DC-1 DAC. When the SP-1 is paired with the DC-1 via its analog input, the two together comprise a modular system, which offers a total of three line level analog inputs, one phono input, and a full complement of five digital inputs - two Coax S/PDIF inputs, one Toslink input, one AES/EBU input, and one high-performance USB input. The DC-1 provides both balanced and unbalanced stereo analog outputs, and a precision low noise volume control. The complete system is operated by the DC-1‰۪s remote control, and offers performance matching the best analog and digital separates.
Note: The Stealth SP-1 can only be used with a DAC or preamp which has at least one available line level unbalanced analoginput ‰ÛÒ such as our DC-1 or XSP-1.
Emotiva Stealth SP-1 Features
- Provides three line level unbalanced analog inputs and one phono input for any device with an available unbalanced line level analog input.
- Precision switching relays add virtually no noise or distortion to the line level inputs.
- High quality precision phono preamp supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.
- Front panel input selector buttons with blue halo illumination.
- Integrates with our DC-1 DAC to become a modular analog and digital preamp.
- When used with our DC-1, the DC-1 remote control operates both units.
- Includes its own separate compact IR remote control.
- Gold plated solid brass machined RCA input and output connectors.
- Convenient 1U half-width case (can be mounted side by side with a DC-1in a standard panel rack with the optional mounting kit).
- Solid aluminum front panel with Emotiva ‰ÛÏstealth‰ styling.
- Solid steel case for superior strength and electrical shielding.
- Standard IEC removable AC power cable.
- Top quality construction for years of reliable service.
- Highly efficient switching power supply.
- Universal AC line voltage.
- Full five year warranty.
- Line Level Analog Inputs: Line level analog inputs on the SP-1 are switched using precision control relays. This signal path is entirely passive, and so introduces virtually no additional noise or distortion to the analog signal. The signal level and source impedance are determined solely by the source device.
- Phono Input Impedance:_
MM: 47k Ohms
_MC: user selectable - 47, 100, 470, 1k Ohms
MM: 40 dB _
MC: 60 dB
- Frequency Response:_
MM: RIAA + / - 0.12 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
_MC: RIAA + / - 0.25 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N; A weighted): _
MM: > 88 dB
MC: > 68 dB
- Power Source:_115 VAC or 230 VAC; auto-switching.
- Power consumption:_approximately 15 watts.
- Power cable:_Standard IEC AC power cable.
unboxed: 1.75‰ high x 8.5‰ wide x 10‰ deep (unboxed; including connectors)._
boxed: 18‰long x 12-3/4‰wide x 3-1/2‰ high
- Weight: _
unboxed: 3 pounds (1.5 kg)_
boxed: 6 pounds (3 kg)