Emotiva PT-100 Stereo Pre-Amplifier With Built-In DAC
The Emotiva PT-100 is a high performance Stereo Preamplifier that includes a high-performance stereo FM tuner, line level analogue inputs for a CD player or line-level source, a built-in USB DAC with plenty of digital inputs for your computer, TV, streamer, etc.
BasX from Emotiva is the foundation of a superb audio system. The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It’s all about playing the music. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or solid gold knobs or jewel encrusted remote controls. And you don’t need all sorts of complicated features you’re never going to use. The key to building a great audio system is to use well-designed components with excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. Every Emotiva BasX component has been designed from the ground up to be part of an excellent audio system. They incorporate the latest cutting edge technology and all the features you need to give you the best possible listening experience.
Why is BasX so special? As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, Emotiva noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why Emotiva developed their new BasX products. The BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows Emotiva to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in the new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack.
You can build a complete music system out of the BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
BasX Features & Simplicity: Every model in the BasX line offers all the essential features you need. The BasX PT-100 is a high performance stereo preamplifier that includes a high-performance stereo FM tuner, line level analogue inputs for a CD player or line-level source, a built-in USB DAC with plenty of digital inputs for your computer, TV, streamer, etc. It even includes a high-quality phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, along with provisions for a high-quality AptX Bluetooth module. The PT-100 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the PT-100 simple to configure and operate, and the big, easy to read, VFD display on the PT-100’s front panel shows you exactly what’s going on at all times.
BasX Performance: The BasX PT-100 offers the type of performance you might expect to find on expensive components costing many times its modest price. Unlike many other affordable audio components these days, the PT-100 delivers the superb sound and build quality you expect from a true high-end audiophile component. It has vanishingly low noise and distortion and features a wide-bandwidth design allowing you to get the most out of your HD sources.
BasX Quality: The BasX PT-100 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction… We expect you to enjoy your BasX PT-100 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty. Exceptional sound quality and excellent value start with the BasX.
- Design: Stereo Preamplifier with built-in DAC
- Highly Optimized Circuit Layout: Ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
- Analogue Performance (line level)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
- THD+noise: < 0.0015% (A-weighted).
- IMD: < 0.004% (SMPTE).
- S/N ratio: > 115 dB.
- Crosstalk: < 90 dB.
- Analogue Performance (phono)
- Frequency Response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
- THD+Noise: < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted); < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
- S/N Ratio: > 90 dB (MM); > 68 dB (MC).
- Digital Performance
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
- THD+Noise: < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
- IMD: < 0.007% (SMPTE).
- S/N Ratio: 110 dB.
- FM Tuner: Features 50 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
- Bluetooth Receiver: Optional
- DAC: All digital inputs routed through the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192 DAC.
- Bass and Treble Controls: Provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
- VFD Display: Simple and easy to read display with 3 dimmable levels.
- Balance Control: Emotiva's unique balance control simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant.
- Mute Control: This allows you to mute the audio output on your system, and then return precisely to your previous listening level.
- Headphone Level Control: Independently remembers the level you set for your headphones and your main outputs.
- Components: Top quality parts and construction promise years of reliable service.
- Chassis: Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminium face plate provides strength and rugged good looks.
- Digital Coax: 1 x (S/PDIF); 24/192k
- Digital Optical: 1 x Toslink; 24/192k.
- Digital USB (DAC input): 1 x 24/96k; no drivers required.
- Bluetooth Receiver: (requires optional Emotiva BTM-1 AptX Bluetooth Receiver - click here for more information).
- Phono Input: Supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
- Line-Level/Auxiliary Inputs: 2
- Headphone Output: Independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favourite headphones.
- Subwoofer Outputs: Includes a separate pair of summed outputs for connecting your favourite subwoofer.
- Trigger: 12 VDC trigger output.
- Remote Control: Compact full-function infrared remote control.
- Menu and Control System: Simplified, highly intuitive menu system (includes Setup options, Bass, Treble, and Balance controls).
- Dimensions (WxHxD: 432 x 66.7 x 318mm (without connectors).
- Weight: 4.1kg (net); 6.15kg (boxed)
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years