The Audio Technica LP5 is a hefty piece of kit that is heavier and all together more solid than belt rivals at the price.
The direct drive mechanism of this turntable is highly accurate and Audio-Technica have successfully isolated the motor to avoid the noise from a direct drive motor.
The LP5 exerts control over the lower frequencies in a manner similar to what made the Technics hugely successful SL1200/1210, along with it's sound being open and spacious.
The LP5 includes a built in phono stage meaning you are able to plug it directly into the AUX input on any amplifier, compact music system, portable speakers or active speakers. A perfect solution for those constricted with space or are after a simple and compact setup.
- Exclusive Audio-Technica AT95Ex Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge
- AT-HS10 Lightweight Headshell with gold-plated u-shaped connectors
- Original J-shape tonearm design
- Cast aluminium record platter
- Heavy rubber material damping mat
- Sleek matt black surface finish