The latest version of the classic turntable reaches new performance levels
Following on from a prestigious series, the 1Xpression Carbon Classic is the 6th generation of the classic Pro-Ject 1, presented for the first time way back in 1991. The current version of our iconic turntable includes a totally new carbon tone-arm with spin-off EVO technology. The innovative new gimbal design features a resonance damping counterweight for the best performance with any cartridge.
The belt drive uses a low noise, decoupled AC motor with a precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for exact speed stability. We used a complex main platter construction similar to our high-end Xtension models that just can't found elsewhere in this price range. Thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) are used in a sandwich construction with aluminium for optimised resonance behaviour. The platter bearing axle is made from low tolerance chrome plated stainless steel running on a Teflon bottom in a bronze bearing housing. The main plinth is made from low resonance MDF, which is decoupled from structure-born noise by special absorber feet using TPE technology.
But enough about the sterling build quality. The sum of all these premium components is a sound quality that will make you forget everything else... And just listen.
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- Heavy aluminium sandwich platter with TPE technology for superior resonance damping
- 8.6” carbon tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
- Resonance damping counterweight design
- Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling - significantly reduced risk of acoustic feedback
- Dust cover included
Need some advice on which cartridge to pick?
Give us a call on 03 9419 5070, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or read up on what to look for in a cartridge here