Project Tube Box DS2 Phono Preamplifier Silver/Walnut
Project Tube Box DS2 Phono Preamplifier
Premium phono preamplifier with tube output and highend sound!
This precision tube phono preamplifier benefits from outstanding circuit technology from Dr. Sykora and uses ultimate components. Compatible with both MM and MC cartridges. It offers connection for two turntables plus two selectable line outputs and a continuously variable selection of input impedance for low output MC cartridges while playing a record! Other features include input capacitance for MM cartridges and switchable subsonic, that prevents your amplifier and speakers of ultra low rumble below 20Hz. All components including tube output and polypropylene capacitors are premium-grade and guarantee a breathtaking sound experience. A perfect upgrade for ambitious vinyl lovers!
The continuously variable selection of input impedance for low output MC cartridges while playing a record is a great feature that lets you experiment on the fly with different settings and let you ear decide which setting is best as your vinyl spins away. A large front-panel knob makes changing impedance values a breeze.
The Tube Box DS2 expands the possibilities of aural realism, improved musical imagery without sacrificing fine detail or lucidity. The music sounds lush but never flabby. The Pro-Ject excels at contrasts: great big attacks and small accents, distance and intimacy, rhythmic flow and staccato breaks.It is as if the DS2 isn’t merely amplifying the music, but making it more present and imposing, imbuing it with a fuller tonality that is more involving.
Suitable for MM and MC cartridges
• Precise RIAA equalisation
• Ultra low noise circuitry
• Selection between 2 phono inputs & 2 line outputs
• Dual mono circuitry for optimized channel separation
• Selectable input impedance (for MC: fix or variable)
• Selectable input capacitance (for MM)
• Selectable subsonic filter
• Gold-plated RCA in & outputs
• Sandwich alu/metal casing protects from vibrations and electromagnetic interference
• Finishes: silver or black, with/without wooden side panels (rosenut, walnut, eucalyptus)