SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
SVS Ultra Bookshelf - Designed for the Discriminating Audiophile
Handsomely styled with a swept back profile and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Bookshelf draws design cues from the magnificent flagship Ultra Tower. Available in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finishes, the Ultra bookshelf looks stunning and will complement any upscale décor. Reference-grade bookshelf monitors have always held a warm spot in the heart of any serious audiophile, and the Ultra Bookshelf lives up to that esteemed legacy. This emotionally involving monitor delivers precise imaging, an amazingly coherent and deep soundstage, a wonderfully rich and compelling tonal balance and surprisingly deep and dynamic bass. Sure to thrill serious music aficionados everywhere, the Ultra Bookshelf immediately takes a place amongst the most highly-regarded 2-way monitors on the market.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The Ultra Bookshelf cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
SVS Drivers - Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Bookshelf driver array features a 1” aluminum dome tweeter and a 6.5” woofer.
The 1” aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
The 6.5" woofer delivers scintillating midrange detail combined with remarkable bass response:
- A composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- A vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- An aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- A cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
SoundMatch Crossover Network - Intelligently Designed for Your Listening Room
The SoundMatch 2-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in a smooth off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency and enhanced radiation of total sound power with a generous sweet spot and stable sound stage.
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
- Bookshelf Monitor Loudspeaker
- Dimensions: 14.9" (H) X 8.5" (W) X 10" (D).
- Weight: 19 pounds.
- Real black oak veneer, piano gloss black, and gloss white finish options.
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 1.7" wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio.
- 6.5" woofer:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for excellent off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency, and total radiated sound power.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2 kHz.
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized bracing reduces cabinet resonances.
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 45 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
*Reprint from Manufacturers Website.