Audio Technica ART9 Cartridge
The AT-ART9 is Audio-Technica’s flagship moving-coil cartridge. Combining the craftsmanship, artistry and leading-edge engineering derived from the AT50ANV, AT-ART7 and AT-OC9/III cartridges, the AT-ART9 employs a vibration system and magnetic circuit that are the best-ever within the series thus resulting in exquisitely transparent and naturally complete sound quality. It is so startlingly honest that your ears convey to your mind and it comes to a singularly quick conclusion – this is real music at its best.
- Its new magnetic circuit design adopts permendur yoke and neodymium magnet for dramatically increased magnetic energy, extremely low noise and improved bass response.
- Special line contact stylus with tip curvature radii of 40μm 7μm adopted in AT50ANV and solid boron cantilever with a 0.26 mm diameter allow accurate transfer of music signals from the stylus tip to the generating coil.
- Dual moving coil for high separation and wide response.
- Hybrid body inherited from the AT-ART7 cartridge design to suppress unwanted parasitic and deleterious resonances. The housing is made of machined aluminum materials to dissipate parasitic resonances for unimpeded sound quality and clarity.
- PCOCC coil wiring for direct and pure signal transmission.
- High-quality brass screws for headshell attachment offers the best match for optimal sound quality.
Magnetic Core Moving Coil
15 to 50,000 Hz
30 dB (1 kHz)
0.5 dB (1 kHz)
12 W (1 kHz)
1.6 to 2.0 g (standard 1.8 g)
|Vertical Tracking Angle||
|Recommended Load Impedance||
Min 100 W
25 mH (1 kHz)
35 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne
18 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)
0.5 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
Special Line Contact Stylus
0.26 mm solid boron
Nude square shank
17.3 (H) x 17.0 (W) x 25.6 (L) mm
1 non magnetic screw driver; 1 brush; 2 washers; 2 x 12 mm mounting screws; 2 Nuts; 2 x 18 mm mounting screws; 1 plastic protector; 1 set of PCOCC Lead Wires (AT6106)
* Reprint from Manufacturer's website.